Akiva Rosett was a successful Ostrowiec businessman in the liquor, forestry, and shoe and leather trade. He was the owner of a magnificent apartment building at Aleja 3 Maya 2.
Akiva married Sara Worcman and they had several children:
- Benjamin,a member of the Judenrat in the Opatowiec Ghetto. He died in the Holocaust.
- Szprinca, murdered in the Holocaust.
- Zlata, murdered in Treblinka.
- Natan survived the war but his wife died in the Holocaust.
- Mosze, murdered in the Holocaust
- Yehudit, survived and lived in Israel after the war.
- Perla Leah Balter survived the war with three of her children. The rest of her family, her husband Israel and two of her children, were murdered in the Holocaust.
- Zadok, survived and lived in Brazil after the war.