The Jewish community of Ostrowiec was situated in the Kielce region of Poland and located before World War II in Opatow County.
Ostrowiec is now the capital city of the Świętokrzyski County, part of Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship. It can be seen here on Google Maps.
"Today, it is a city in southeastern Poland, in the historical region of Lesser Poland, with 66,258 residents (as of 2021). The town is one of historic centers of Polish industry and metallurgy, and was part of the Old-Polish Industrial Region, the oldest industrial basin of the country.
Ostrowiec is the capital city of Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski County, part of Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (since 1999), previously it belonged to Kielce Voivodeship (1975–1998). It received town charter in 1613.
Ostrowiec lies on the Kamienna river. Its northern districts are located in the Iłża Foothills, while southern part belongs to the Opatów Upland." (Source:Wikipedia)
Some of the neighboring Jewish villages were:
- Wierzbnik - town in Poland, which merged with the Town of Starachowice in 1939 and is now known as Starachowice.